Is it possible to 'embed' CSS style in topic editor?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
DaeguKat
Jr. Propeller Head

Is it possible to 'embed' CSS style in topic editor?

Post by DaeguKat »

I am having trouble getting some text boxes to float properly.

Would be able to get the effect I want if I could manually create them using flexbox. I put the following in my topic <head>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<html xmlns:MadCap="http://www.madcapsoftware.com/Schemas/MadCap.xsd" MadCap:lastBlockDepth="4" MadCap:lastHeight="139" MadCap:lastWidth="1215">
<head>
<style media="screen" type="text/css">

And then I added the HTML manually in the text editor. However, Nothing in my topic is taking the styles. In the XML editor, I only see <div></div>.

Is is possible to add CSS styles this way? Or can it only be done through a separate CSS file? I only need this styling for one topic.

Thanks!
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Is it possible to 'embed' CSS style in topic editor?

Post by AlexFox »

Hi :)

You don't need the media="screen" attribute and the type="text/css" is the only supported attribute at the moment (and therefore the default) so leave that out as well. This should work fine, there are some caveats to using style info in header elements in Flare which means it's always preferable to use an actual stylesheet, even if it's just for that topic and you @import it in the head instead. Also note that Flare doesn't yet "support" Flex and will show you a validation warning every time you save a file with a reference to display: flex;