How to control bullet point positioning in PDF output?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
kydeck
Jr. Propeller Head

How to control bullet point positioning in PDF output?

Post by kydeck »

Hello everyone! I'm a front-end developer who's been tasked with setting up Madcap Flare for our writers to create documents within our brand guidelines, so I know my way around a CSS stylesheet. Where I'm struggling right now is the PDF output (our primary output). One example that has been bugging me for awhile is the massive amount of space between the bullet point and the text it belongs to in PDF output.

Below is the rendering of the default spacing I have set-up in PDF output:
list-normal.png
And here is the rendering with the padding and margins of the UL and LI completely zeroed out, and the text is no closer to the bullet:
list-zeroed.png
Is there some sort of CSS property I'm missing or HTML attribute I can use to get these bullets and their text's closer together? Another relevant note is that I'm using the ::marker psuedoclass to change the bullets and I've also tried to zero out the margin,padding, and absolute position the ::marker psuedo element and those properties are completely ignored in PDF output. Any insight is appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kydeck on Tue May 22, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: How to control bullet point positioning in PDF output?

Post by doc_guy »

I don't know if the ::marker pseudo class is supported in PDF. There are *many* CSS3 features that are not fully supported by the engine that renders PDF output. I would contact MadCap Support and see if the ::marker pseduo class is supported or not.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog