Font sizes different for different TOC levels?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
devangee
Propeller Head

Font sizes different for different TOC levels?

Post by devangee »

I've seen this happen before and have tried to avoid it so I stayed with older formats.
But I can't figure out how to keep the font size the same for all levels of the TOC.
It seems that text at the first level is the size I want it, but as I progress to a second or third level, the text gets smaller.

I can't figure out in the CSS or other skin where I can change the size so that it's the same all across the board.
I guess meaning that I'm using 1em for all text (except heading), but that doesn't seem to help.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Font sizes different for different TOC levels?

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Are you talking about how things are displayed in the TOC, or how headings are displayed in the output? What's your output, by the way?

Assuming you're generating a PDF, you could do with editing the styles p.TOC1, p.TOC2 etc in whatever medium you use for your output. If that's not what your problem is, you'll need to tell us what your output is.

Hope that helps.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Font sizes different for different TOC levels?

Post by SteveS »

If we are talking html output the default behaviour for headings is for them to become progressively smaller. It will do this even if you do not explicitly set a font size.

The first thing I do when starting a new project is to define heading styles. I usually use ems, for example heading 1 might be set at 2 ems. Then somewhere, usually the body tag you have to set the base font-size property.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.