Apply Style to Multiple Lines of Text at Once

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
flareuser1
Propeller Head

Apply Style to Multiple Lines of Text at Once

Post by flareuser1 »

Does anyone know how to apply the same style at the same time to multiple words that appear in different paragraphs but on the same topic? For example, I want to apply a blue bold style to 3 words on my topic. But, because they're in different places on the topic, I have to apply the style to each word separately.

Is there any way to apply the style to every word at the same time?

Thanks!
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Apply Style to Multiple Lines of Text at Once

Post by AlexFox »

You could make use of the repeat last action shortcut which is F8, in the XML viewer, if you highlight the first word and use the style changer, then highlight any subsequent words you wish to change and press F8, Flare will make the same change that was just made. Not a perfect solution, but a time-saver.
flareuser1
Propeller Head

Post by flareuser1 »

I can't figure out how to select multiple words/phrases at the same time when they appear in different paragraphs/bullets on the same Flare topic, so I'm not able to use your workaround. But, thank you for the response. I appreciate it!
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

The F8 shortcut is consecutive, rather than all at once, but it's quicker than selecting all the menus.

Your other option might be a search and replace tool like FAR that supports complex regular expressions, but that's a whole 'nother learning curve if you aren't already familiar with it. (although I've recently heard of the Kaizen plugin, which seems to be able to slice, dice and julienne...*)

(*meaning I haven't delved into what exactly it can do, but I saw one thing that implied a simple interface for complex find and replace)