XML editor font size doesn't match specified font size

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
dcomly
Jr. Propeller Head

XML editor font size doesn't match specified font size

Post by dcomly »

Our current visual style calls for all text (<p>, <ol>, <ul>, etc.) to use the same font size. To simplify maintenance, we set the font size in the <body> style and used "default" for other styles. Text displays as specified in the preview and output, but 16pt in the XML Editor. When font size is specified in the <p>, <ol>, <ul>, etc. styles, it displays as expected in the XML Editor.

This 16pt font size in the XML Editor seems to be a constant. We've experimented with extreme font sizes (4pt, 24pt) and get the same result: 16pt in the XML Editor and specified size in the preview and output.

Is there any way to get the XML Editor to respect the font size specified in the <body> style?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: XML editor font size doesn't match specified font size

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums! :)

My hunch is that you have the stylesheet associated with a target (as you should) but that that target is not set as the primary target. The primary target is one of the things taken into consideration for how things appear in the XML Editor. (For more info, see https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... Target.htm.) You might also need to check if text is being scaled in the XML Editor and if the right medium is being looked at.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
dcomly
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: XML editor font size doesn't match specified font size

Post by dcomly »

Your hunch was correct. I'm fixing the problem now. Thank you!