Setting default font in whole Project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
GeorgeBell
Sr. Propeller Head

Setting default font in whole Project

Post by GeorgeBell »

Over many years, I've made many mistakes which I'm now trying to address. I have to confess that I've been pretty much self taught, but the inclusion of Analyzer in Flare's latest version is bringing all manner of issues to light.

In the CSS editor, I wish to revert the <h1> thru <h6> Headings to the same defaults as they are in the CSS of "New" Project.

In the Default CSS, the Font and Font Family fields are blank, and the sample displayed appears in a font much like Arial.

However, if I select "Default" in my own CSS, the fields do become blank, but the sample font appears to be Times New Roman.

Can anyone tell me where this "Default" is being Inherited from please?
headphone_jack
Propeller Head

Re: Setting default font in whole Project

Post by headphone_jack »

I'm not sure how to do this through the Flare interface, but try adding this to the top of your Default.css file:

Code: Select all

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    font-family: 'Arial', 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica', sans-serif !important;
}
The !important bit will probably make many a web developer rage. Unfortunately managing CSS in Flare requires an awful lot of hacking around.
GeorgeBell
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by GeorgeBell »

Many thanks, as you have actually answered another question for me.

I did find out that it is the <body> Style which is the top level from which Defaults are taken.

This answers issues relating to the Mac platform which has been quite headache.

Thanks again.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

GeorgeBell wrote:I did find out that it is the <body> Style which is the top level from which Defaults are taken.
If you're using Flare 2018, the Formatting tab shows you where all the style properties are being inherited from.