Formatted Links are not consistent

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Formatted Links are not consistent

Post by ktbCA57 »

I have several links on the home page of my online help... as far as I can see all the settings are exactly the same for each with links to various topics within the help project. All looks well... and they ALL show as links until I generate the help. Once I generate, 2 of the links are no longer links, but just text - even the formatting changes.

I cannot figure out what is going on. I have tried the normal: delete Analyzer and Output folders, as well as the Users folder... no good...

I am attaching an image of before and after generation of project... and including the code for this area (I have put the problem links in red). I know it must be something SO obvious, but i just am not seeing it.

<div id="content-section" class="mc-blurb">
<p style="text-align: center;font-size: 100%;font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;"><MadCap:variable name="General.DocuPhase" style="font-weight: bold;" /> gives you... </p>
<table style="margin-left: auto;margin-right: auto;">
<col />
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="text-align: center;font-weight: bold;color: #1980b2;">
<p class="FIELDnameCENTERED"><a href="00_Getting Started/UnderstandingANDNavigating the DocuPhase System.htm" target="_self" title="[%=ScreenTips.GeneralLinktoRelatedTopic%]" alt="[%=ScreenTips.GeneralLinktoRelatedTopic%]" class="GOtoAnotherTopic">State-of-the-art interface</a>
</p>

<p class="FIELDnameCENTERED"><a href="01_Search/_Searching for Documents.htm" target="_self" title="[%=ScreenTips.GeneralLinktoRelatedTopic%]" alt="[%=ScreenTips.GeneralLinktoRelatedTopic%]" class="GOtoAnotherTopic">Easy Access to Information</a>
</p>
<p class="FIELDnameCENTERED"><a href="04_Capture/_Capturing Documents.htm" target="_self" title="[%=ScreenTips.GeneralLinktoRelatedTopic%]" alt="[%=ScreenTips.GeneralLinktoRelatedTopic%]" class="GOtoAnotherTopic">Unparalleled Document Data Capture and Management</a>
</p>
<p class="FIELDnameCENTERED"><a href="00_Getting Started/_Introduction to the DocuPhase Automation Platform.htm#whatareClientServices" title="[%=ScreenTips.GeneralLinktoRelatedTopic%][%=ScreenTips.DetailsOnly%]" alt="[%=ScreenTips.GeneralLinktoRelatedTopic%][%=ScreenTips.DetailsOnly%]" target="_self" class="GOtoAnotherTopic">Quality, Responsive Technical Support</a>
</p>
<p class="FIELDnameCENTERED"><a href="https://training.docuphase.com/student-dashboard/" title="[%=ScreenTips.GeneralLinktoRelatedTopic%]" alt="[%=ScreenTips.GeneralLinktoRelatedTopic%]" target="_self" class="GOtoAnotherTopic">Engaging, Empowering Instructor Led and Online Training</a>
</p>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Formatted Links are not consistent

Post by Nita Beck »

My hunch is that those two topics have been excluded from output. Have they been tagged with a condition that is excluded by the target?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

Awesome guess... I hadn't thought of that, but these are both main topics... I double-checked, but neither of which have been conditionalized... :-(

Thanks for trying tho!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Both in the "00_Getting Started" folder - have you done anything to the folder name? Could there be a problem with there being a space in the folder name rather than an underscore? There's a setting somewhere about converting spaces to underscores so that might be worth looking at.

I have no idea whether that's the cause of the problem but might be worth investigating, even if just to rule it out.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

Nothing has changed... and another thing I didn't mention is that these do not show up as broken links when I run Analyzer.

They also do not show as links in the Preview. However, I did convert spaces to underscores and regenerated and re-published... still no good. :?

Thanks for the suggestions tho!
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devjoe »

Can you CTRL-click the links within the Flare editor to open those topics for editing? If not, then the links are incorrect somehow and you should re-link them to the appropriate topics.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

I just found out that this was related to some obscure conditional tags someone had set that I didn't believe were ever used so I never checked them... So sorry! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
johnoliverclark
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by johnoliverclark »

ktbCA57 wrote:I just found out that this was related to some obscure conditional tags someone had set that I didn't believe were ever used so I never checked them... So sorry! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Just for a clarification, the tag was placed on the folder these files were in, correct? I came across this scenario last week - the folder that the missing images were in had been conditionally tagged which was forcing them to be excluded by the target. So, while the files themselves had no tags, their folder did. Tags can be sneaky sometimes!
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

Actually, it was the topics themselves that had been conditionalized without me realizing it. However, i would think that this rule applies to any element... folders, images, topics, snippets, etc... i :)