list indent in tables

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

list indent in tables

Post by cayennep »

I'm working with a prior stylesheet as well as my new one, until I can go topic-by-topic and edit all the old styles out.

I'm having a really hard time getting bulleted lists inside tables to indent - like, hardly at all - and none of the properties I change seem to fix it. I'm looking at the formatting pane but going in circles trying different things, and still not getting control of this.

In addition, it looks fine in Flare of course, but when publishing does not work as expected. One of the things I did added a tiny bit of indent (not sure which, but even increasing all the usual suspect properties does not increase the indent more than a little.

Any help appreciated, I know I need to keep learning css but going 'round in circles as to how to fix this in flare and could use an immediate solution so I can get to other work, until I can get in here and understand what's going on and fix the css permanently.
DaveMags
Propeller Head

Re: list indent in tables

Post by DaveMags »

I know you're looking for a quick solution until you can really dig into the CSS, but as I was thinking about this, all of my thoughts were related to digging into the CSS. :?

However, until you can do that, since this only happens in tables, open your stylesheet in the internal text editor and try adding this code:

Code: Select all

td > ul > li
{
	margin-left: 40px;
}	
Set that 40px to whatever size you want. That tells any list item (li) in a bullet list (ul) that is in a table cell (td) to have a 40px left margin. That might override other code that may be removing your indent on bullet lists.

This is kind of a shot in the dark as a quick solution. Best bet is to dig into the CSS code and use developer tools on your browser to figure out what's being applied.