CSS newb - style I just added not listed

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
TR Lisa
Sr. Propeller Head

CSS newb - style I just added not listed

Post by TR Lisa »

Complete CSS newb here. Added a style to my style sheet. Actually copied it from another sheet and made a small change. It's not showing up in the list of styles I can choose form in Flare. It's a div style and there are two other div style in the list that I CAN see. I copied one of those and changed the name, and can't see it either. If I open the css file in Content Explorer I see the styles. If I try to apply them with the style selector or editor, I don't.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: CSS newb - style I just added not listed

Post by Nita Beck »

First thing that springs to mind is to check that you copied the style into the correct medium, depending on how you intend to use it. For example, if you copied it into the print medium, but you've got the XML Editor set up to show topics in web layout view (which draws from the default medium), you won't see the style. I always make sure that, for every style I've got in the print medium, I've got the same named style in the default medium, even if I don't do any styling of it there. That way, I'll always see the style listed among the styles as I edit, regarding of the XML Editor's layout.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
TR Lisa
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by TR Lisa »

I added it right below another style that does display in the list. And it's above the line in the style sheet that says all styles below this line are for a specific medium. When I select a different medium in the style sheet editor, I see it in the list for each medium.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Are you sure there’s not a syntax error? Can you open the stylesheet in the Stylesheet Editor? If there is a syntax error, Flare won’t be able to open it in the Stylesheet Editor but will put up a message telling you on which line the error is.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

You said you copied styles from one stylesheet to another.

Are the styles you see in the style list from the original stylesheet or the new stylesheet?

Is the new stylesheet actually linked to the topic or the target?