It's almost 2019, why is nth-of-type not supported?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
ArmandFrvr
Propeller Head

It's almost 2019, why is nth-of-type not supported?

Post by ArmandFrvr »

So nth-of-type selectors work just fine in HTML output because it's implemented by the browser... but Flare itself has zero support for it, either in the preview or in print/PDF output. Can we get some love here? I would really like to replace the bulky Flare table stylesheets with more concise CSS, but the lack of support in print output is killing this idea. I'm working on making our data tables mobile-accessible, and this is going to double the size of the stylesheet using Flare's implementation, which is already already at 2.5k(!) lines. Both layouts can be handled easily with about 40 lines of CSS, but Flare isn't playing ball.

Before someone suggests it-- due to high maintenance costs when working with large amounts of content, the alternative of adding a class to every other row is not an option.
Last edited by ArmandFrvr on Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: It's almost 2019, why is nth-of-type not supported?

Post by SteveS »

Please understand this is a peer to peer forum. The folk from Madcap drop in from time to time, but we're unable to answer questions like this.

I suggest you lodge a feature request Here.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
ArmandFrvr
Propeller Head

Post by ArmandFrvr »

Thanks Steve. I've done that, but was hoping to get some more comments or suggestions by others who would like to see this working correctly. Maybe I'm in a minority of users who prefer maintaining their own stylesheets outside of Flare.
Jbleasdale
Propeller Head

Post by Jbleasdale »

Why? Because their CSS parser is really outdated, that's why.

I was visiting the Madcap team last week and gave them a long list of notes, and this was mentioned multiple times. So I suggest you open your own feature request too. The more people ask, the more likely they will do it. :madcap:
Joe Bleasdale

My Linkedin