Unable to Change Look of Side Menu

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Unable to Change Look of Side Menu

Post by ktbCA57 »

I saw that this question was posted 3 years ago... but I don't see a resolution - at least not that worked for me.

The recommendation was to make sure that the styles were being changed in the skin for the correct medium (Web, Table, or Mobile). I see that the style settings I've made are for all 3... so I'm still not sure why the changes I made in the skin are not showing up in the built help.

As usual, i'm sure it's something super basic and obvious that i'm missing, but what?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Unable to Change Look of Side Menu

Post by NorthEast »

You're editing the wrong skin.

Your screenshot is the responsive slide-out menu, which you edit in the HTML5 skin, and is for the Tablet/Mobile mediums only.

The skin you're editing is a menu skin which is used only with a menu proxy.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

See? I knew it was going to be something obvious... HOWEVER... when i went in to try to find and edit the menu proxy in the MasterPage - i don't see one. How can this be if i am seeing it in my output help?

I can add one, but what happens to the one that's in there now?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Well, if you're sure that your output does have a menu proxy, then you're looking at the wrong master page.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

The image i sent was taken from the latest generated output... I have checked all master pages and none have a menu proxy that I can find.

I'll contact Madcap. Thanks.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Just to be clear - the menu on the left in your first screenshot is not a menu proxy.

A menu proxy is usually in the master page, but you can put them in topics too.
If you don't have any menu proxies in your project, then you won't have them in your output.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

no.. it's the right side menu i'm trying to change.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

This is getting confusing.

In your first screenshot, I thought you wanted to style the menu that's on the left under "Current Look". That menu isn't generated from a menu proxy, and you don't style it using a menu skin (the SideMenuFixed skin on the right is a menu skin). To style that menu you edit the main HTML5 skin.

If you don't want to style the menu under "Current Look", then which menu are you talking about?
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

I think there's some confusion as to on the left/right here... i'm talking about the side menu that appears on the right of the main help window... where currently it is a dark background with lite colored font.

Thanks... sorry for the confusion.
AnneLatapie
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by AnneLatapie »

Hello Dave,
Thank you for your answer, it helps me to find where to set the Navigation Panel styles : in the HTML5 skin for Tablet and Mobile media.
Anne