Accordion menu in Tripane Nav panel

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Davbo
Propeller Head

Accordion menu in Tripane Nav panel

Post by Davbo »

Hi all

I have a project that uses the HTML5 Tripane template.
I would like to style the navigation pane so that is displays an accordion (smartmenu) menu instead of the traditional menu. I have found a post from Dave Lee (thanks Dave) that details how to modify the Tripane skin, and have installed the required stylesheet. However, I am not sure how to proceed further.
Can anyone advice?

Thanks in advance

Davbo
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Accordion menu in Tripane Nav panel

Post by NorthEast »

Why not just use a Side Nav skin instead? That has an accordion menu.

When I developed the smartmenus solution, that was long before Side Nav was introduced (in Flare 2018).
There's not much point using smartmenus now that you have Side Nav.
Davbo
Propeller Head

Post by Davbo »

I could use a Side Nav skin, but I'm keen to have this project display with a Tripane layout. So basically I'd like Tripane but with side nav accordion menu ....
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Ok, but Side Nav looks almost exactly like Tripane, and has an accordion style menu.

The main difference is that Tripane has tabs, so you can display an index, glossary, or browse sequence. And of course it uses frames. But unless you need these tabs, why not use Side Nav?
Davbo
Propeller Head

Post by Davbo »

Hi Dave

Just to give you some background information. I'm trying to build a documentation portal that users can access to scroll, view, search and download across a range of documents in different projects.

The Tripane layout has the advantage of allowing users to view documents while still seeing the navigation panel. Normally, I prefer Top or Side Nav, but in this case the Tripane layout might be better for this reason. However, I like the accordion drop-downs in preference to the Tripane menu list.

I could go with either Side Nav or Tripane out of the box, but wonder about using Tripane with a customized accordion menu.

Hope this helps

Davbo