Hide classes from Style window

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
DLL
Propeller Head

Hide classes from Style window

Post by DLL »

I have a lot of classes in one of the stylesheets linked to my main stylesheet that are not useful for regular styling as they're used by a syntax highlighting script. Is there any way I can get Flare to ignore them and not list them in the Style window? They're taking a lot of space in there.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Hide classes from Style window

Post by Nita Beck »

Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
DLL
Propeller Head

Post by DLL »

Surprisingly, disabling styles does not seem to remove them from the Styles window.
DLL
Propeller Head

Post by DLL »

Oh, I figured out the issue. For some reason, Flare ignores that a specific style is disabled unless it contains at least one element selector. Most of the styles I wanted to disable were generic classes ( ie: .class_name ) but for disabling a style to work, it has to at least have an element name (ie: span.class_name).
DLL
Propeller Head

Post by DLL »

If anyone has a way that does not require element selectors to work, I would appreciate it.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

You can't hide generic classes, it's a bug. I have hundreds (from 3rd party stylesheets) that I can't hide. This kills the style list, so I'm forced to pin styles that I use.

The more people that report it, the more likely it is to get fixed.
DLL
Propeller Head

Post by DLL »

Dave Lee wrote:You can't hide generic classes, it's a bug. I have hundreds (from 3rd party stylesheets) that I can't hide. This kills the style list, so I'm forced to pin styles that I use.

The more people that report it, the more likely it is to get fixed.
I'll send a bug report then. Thank you!