bullet icons

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

bullet icons

Post by cayennep »

Can anyone help with which style (in Flare stylesheet editor) and properties to change to use a different icon for level 2 ul, and level 3 ul??

Again, I want to do this in Flare if possible (and it should be) and not in a text editor. I've changed everywhere I can see but no luck

There are two Complex selectors - ul ul and ul ul ul

but changing the list image has no impact, in these nor in the custom list ul.Level2 nor in ul > Level2
(not sure which are used in the topics, but any help with finding the right place to change appreciated)

>>> ALSO - what list-style-type should I select? default = disc but doesn't seem to change for circle either
DaveMags
Propeller Head

Re: bullet icons

Post by DaveMags »

So in a basic bullet list, ul ul should select the second level, ul ul ul the third, etc. Check to see if there are any styles defined on the li tag, or maybe another complex select like ul > li or something like that. If so, those would overwrite the ul style, so you would need to clear those styles out.

If you're trying to use an image, you would just leave list-style-type undefined. If you define both, I think list-style-image overrules it anyway.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cayennep »

issue is there are _many_ styles that could come into play

what each do is unclear, and changing every one has no impact
the complex selectors ul ul style is where I just changed the indent to overwrite browsers

also changed a ul Level2 style in the main styles, no impact.

The thing with that list-style-type is there's no way to leave it 'undefined'. selecting default still selects something, and inherit doesn't change things either.
DaveMags
Propeller Head

Post by DaveMags »

Can you use your browser's F12 style inspector to determine which styles are being applied? Or is this a public site where I could look at a page that has the issue? Hard to know for sure without seeing the code. I know in my main project, which is almost entirely from Word imports, I deal with inline styles on lists too, to add another layer. :)
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cayennep »

Actually, for ol ol and ol ol ol, these are defined by selecting the list-style-type (lower alpha and lower roman). This is in the Complex Selectors, so this is the place for it, and the right style to modify.

So it seems to be that, for ul, the list-style-type overwrites whatever I select as the image, and there is no selection for that that allows for a different image.

rgg, ok, doing this in Formatting window - which seems to work BUT image looks grey in flare but green in snagit and when used

getting closer, I guess....
DaveMags
Propeller Head

Post by DaveMags »

Edit - just saw the addition on your last post. Hope you're getting closer :)

...So I just added an image to a ul ul selector through the stylesheet editor, leaving the list-style-type to the default. Doing that did not actually define the list-style-type in the CSS file when I open it in a text editor (even though the Stylesheet editor looks like it's using disc :roll: ).
ul ul.png
And, setting the image worked for my quick test list I made in a topic.
ul ul 2.png
So I don't think the list-style-type is overwriting your list-style-image setting. Must be some other style overwriting it, or the way the list is built in the topic in the HTML is different, etc. Could it be a setting on another stylesheet, if you have more than one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cayennep »

DaveMags wrote:Can you use your browser's F12 style inspector to determine which styles are being applied? Or is this a public site where I could look at a page that has the issue? Hard to know for sure without seeing the code. I know in my main project, which is almost entirely from Word imports, I deal with inline styles on lists too, to add another layer. :)
this actually helped, in this case, thx! I've used this a lot but for some reason changing this hear had a different (and desired) effect as opposed to in the stylesheet entry itself.

yeah, thanks for the collaboration!