Error messages from what looks like a CSS misconfiguration

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
rgrace
Propeller Head

Error messages from what looks like a CSS misconfiguration

Post by rgrace »

I'm getting these error messages and I'd like to eliminate them:

CSS: Missing linked stylesheet file:///C:/Users/Resources/TableStyles/component-def.css

I know that there is NO SUCH folder location for this and that's why I'm getting these. I didn't set this up myself so I'm not exactly sure where to go in Flare to correct this. It really looks like I just need to configure Flare to look in the right place for this CSS file. Nothing in the Project Organizer appears to be related either.

Checked the Stylesheet Links for Main.css and clicking Add File does point to a Resources/Stylesheets folder - not able to find the analogous item for Table styles, which I know are configured separately.
stupid_error.PNG
So I found the actual location of the CSS file in the Content Explorer, this is its location in Windows file system:
Tablesheet.PNG
Pretty much where it needs to be. But Flare for some reason isn't pointing to the right place. The HTML at the top of the project file is as follows:

<head>
<link href="../../Resources/TableStyles/component-def.css" rel="stylesheet" MadCap:stylesheetType="table" />
<link href="../../../../../../../../Users/Resources/TableStyles/component-def.css" rel="stylesheet" MadCap:stylesheetType="table" />
</head>

That looks to be right with the ../../ but it doesn't work. I even deleted the second LINK HREF call line and that changed nothing. And of course it doesn't fix the underlying problem.

Should I just hard-code it to point to the right place? I'd prefer not to, like to correct this for all projects. Thanks for looking!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Error messages from what looks like a CSS misconfigurati

Post by Nita Beck »

Run Flare’s Broken Links analysis in order to identify the file (or files) in which the broken link to the component table stylesheet is located. From the Broken Lists list, double-click the offending file to open it and then re-establish the link to the component table stylesheet. Repeat if there are more files. I think that should do it.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by AlexFox »

Just make sure the href link is relative from the topic to the location of the CSS within the project.

You don't need to worry about drilling down to the root of C:\ or anything crazy like that. You can do it all from the file viewer in Flare. Attach a screenshot showing us the file tree in your Flare expanded to show the topic in question and the CSS you're trying to import if you still get stuck.
rgrace
Propeller Head

Post by rgrace »

Oooh, Nita's Broken Links Analyzer tip fixed the dang problem in oh, 15 seconds :)