How to make Dropdown smaller

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Beaver
Propeller Head

How to make Dropdown smaller

Post by Beaver »

I uses many dropdowns in our FAQ (like madcap)
But the space above the text is to high
- Does anyone know how to can make the high (46,3833) smaller?
- Like Madcap Flare e.g.: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... tarted.htm
Madcap.Dropdown.high.png
- In the Stylesheets > Madcap | DropDown I do not see the high (by Box >margin-top = 6px)
- Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: How to make Dropdown smaller

Post by Chicago_HPT »

In addition to the margin and padding properties, try adjusting the line-height property (listed under Font in the Flare CSS editor). From your screen shot, it looks like the line-height is currently set to 21.7667px, that's nearly a quarter of an inch (0.2267 inches for a 96px/in resolution or 0.3023 inches for a 72px/in resolution!).

Another possible option (I've never used it), if all else fails, is to adjust the height property, under Box in the Flare CSS editor.

I hope that helps,
-jeff
Beaver
Propeller Head

Post by Beaver »

Thanks Jeff for your reply :)

The *line-height* property is the property of each line in de drop down.

I have ask our web developers: the *padding* was not right (of the picture he said, but i cannot found it)
Now I am testing this in Madcap, (clearing the Cache of the brower, to got the right issue)
- below you can see that it works (by changing with the inspector, in Chrome)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beaver
Propeller Head

Post by Beaver »

It was the *padding* of the *img* (items).
#1 old
#2 new
Madcap.Dropdown.Padding.png
Tip: For my app images, i use a default *app* image style . (You can select (in editor) this with: Right mouse on Image > Style Classe > img.App.)