Frustrated by a simple problem

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
JoeWeinmunson
Propeller Head

Frustrated by a simple problem

Post by JoeWeinmunson »

Literally all I am trying to do is change a line from a paragraph to an h4. Here's the screenshot.
InterfaceProblem.png
I've tried highlighting the text and clicking the p tag on the left, then gone through all the menu options I can see. I feel like I must be missing something obvious, but darned if I can see it. How do I change the Prerequisites line to be an h4?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Frustrated by a simple problem

Post by Nita Beck »

When you highlight characters as you show them in your screenshot, Flare interprets that as your wanting to apply a span class to it or even inline formatting. Don't highlight any characters.

Instead, either click the p structure bar OR put the insertion marker anywhere inside the paragraph. Either action has the effect of selecting that paragraph as a block (not as individual characters). Then you should be able to select an h4 style from the styles window or drop-down (depending on how you get to styles).

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!