How can I get my output to look like Flare case study output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
CMWVC
Jr. Propeller Head

How can I get my output to look like Flare case study output

Post by CMWVC »

Hi!

I want to imitate the layout for the Flare case study for Sisense, as shown here:
https://documentation.sisense.com/lates ... elcome.htm

This is flagged as HTML5 Top Nav layout. The default HTML 5 Top Nav Layout looks nothing like this!

Sisense has managed to delete (or obscure) the 'top nav' entirely, and appears to be using a ToC in the sidebar, but not a min-TOC - the full one with a dropdown. I would like to do both of these things my layout.

Has anyone done this, or does anyone have any suggestions specifically on how to get this result from a Top Nav layout? If you can point me in the right direction, or just tell me the rough order of operations so that I can track down how to execute them, that would be very helpful.

I appreciate any and all suggestions. Have a good day.
-cmwvc-
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: How can I get my output to look like Flare case study ou

Post by NorthEast »

I think the layout actually looks quite similar to Flare's help (that also uses a menu proxy on the left).

* The top nav menu is just set to show 1 level, so there's no menu.

* The TOC in the sidebar is a menu proxy. So in your master page, you could set up a two column responsive layout, with the menu proxy on the left and the topic body proxy on the right.

* The version drop down is their own custom control, and seems to redirect to the same topic at a different URL.
CMWVC
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by CMWVC »

Thanks Dave - I will give this a try and see what I can come up with.
scotttruelove
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by scotttruelove »

CMWVC wrote:Hi!

I want to imitate the layout for the Flare case study for Sisense, as shown here:
https://documentation.sisense.com/lates ... elcome.htm

This is flagged as HTML5 Top Nav layout. The default HTML 5 Top Nav Layout looks nothing like this!

Sisense has managed to delete (or obscure) the 'top nav' entirely, and appears to be using a ToC in the sidebar, but not a min-TOC - the full one with a dropdown. I would like to do both of these things my layout.

Has anyone done this, or does anyone have any suggestions specifically on how to get this result from a Top Nav layout? If you can point me in the right direction, or just tell me the rough order of operations so that I can track down how to execute them, that would be very helpful.

I appreciate any and all suggestions. Have a good day.
-cmwvc-
Hi,

Did you manage to figure out how to do this?
Scott
Wannabe MadCap Evangelist
Australia
YE-TW
Propeller Head

Post by YE-TW »

The link opens a Side Nav project, not Top Nav. Not sure why this is listed under Top Nav...
If you use the Side Nav layout, you'll get the side bar navigation.
Regarding the rest of the look and feel, they made many changes to align the Help with their needs.
Good luck!