Chapter Numbering: seeing "{chapmnum+}", not number

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Joseph Zitt
Propeller Head

Chapter Numbering: seeing "{chapmnum+}", not number

Post by Joseph Zitt »

How does chapter numbering actually work in Flare 2019? Working from what sense I could make of the documentation, I've set the mc-auto-number-format field for the heading style that I'm using to "Chapter {chapnum+} ". The output shows literally that string, without replacing it with a number. How do I get a real chapter number?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Chapter Numbering: seeing "{chapmnum+}", not number

Post by Psider »

I'm not really familiar with autonumbering, but what if you try removing the + symbol "Chapter {chapnum}"? Does it work then?
Joseph Zitt
Propeller Head

Post by Joseph Zitt »

Psider wrote:I'm not really familiar with autonumbering, but what if you try removing the + symbol "Chapter {chapnum}"? Does it work then?
That's slightly better, but the numbers don't consistently increment. The first appearance is "Chapter 2", and every one after that is "Chapter 3".
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

You need to set chapter breaks on the chapter book items on the TOC and then, on the third tab in the TOC properties window (sorry, I'm not on Flare right now so I don't recall the tab's name), you specify if you want the chapter number to increment or not.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!