Styles aren't being maintained in output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Styles aren't being maintained in output

Post by ktbCA57 »

I have a large project, but i also have a target that includes only one topic that has to be built separately from the rest of the topics. when i build the full project, it's fine, all the styles show appropriately in the built and published versions. However, the single topic shows the styles in the project, but once built, the set styles aren't applied.

I have gone thru the topic and target properties to make sure the correct master stylesheet is applied... but still the output is missing the styling.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Styles aren't being maintained in output

Post by doc_guy »

Open the output in a browser window. Look at the source to see what CSS style sheets are being applied and in what order. Make sure that the CSS style sheet you are using shows up in the <head> tag. It looks like it is using the default browser style, as if it can't find a CSS file or if the CSS file isn't included in the output for some reason.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

I think I saw in a different post that the target for the single page output is using "Exclude content not referenced directly or indirectly from the TOC" (or something like that; I can't remember the exact wording)?

If so, that setting might be related. Depending on the output and how it's set up, the stylesheet might be excluded? You could try specifically assigning the stylesheet to the topic. That should ensure it is included in the output.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

So i went thru all of the properties steps yesterday... at least 3 times... making sure the correct css was set appropriately for the topic and the target... and that conditions were set appropriately.

Then, this morning I went in to check for both items in the suggestions... and as i was doing so, i saw that some how the topic was no longer linked to the right conditional tag in the target... now it seems to be fine...

figures. :oops:

Thanks guys!