Popup images going off top of screen in 2019

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
RonGardner
Jr. Propeller Head

Popup images going off top of screen in 2019

Post by RonGardner »

My team uses a lot of popup images in our side nav output. Everything was okay until we upgraded to 2019 and now popup images near the top of the page go off the top of the screen when expanded. It seems like the container no longer remains within the confines of the screen.

I reached out to MC about this, and they sent the following bit of code to add to my style sheet:

.MCPopupContainer
{
position: fixed;
top: 10% !important;
}

Fair enough, that fixes the "off the top" problem, but now I have a new issue. When I expand an image, it opens from the top of the page (10% from the top), even if the thumbnail image is at the bottom of the page. It's confusing my readers (and several of my team members), especially if multiple images are on the page.

Has anyone else experienced this? Basically, I want the expanded image (the container) to stay within the confines of the screen and open from the thumbnail location. I'm playing around with several different properties, but no dice thus far.

Anyone have any ideas that might help?
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Popup images going off top of screen in 2019

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

No ideas for you, but wanted to welcome you to the forums.

Looks like you've been given a "fudge", so I would report the behaviour as a bug (see my signature for a link) so that at least it's logged and they might get round to fixing it properly!
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
RonGardner
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by RonGardner »

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I brought this issue up at MadWorld and showed one of the tech support guys what was happening, so they are aware. Here's hoping for a fix coming soon.

I've got a meeting with my team this afternoon about this very thing. They live and die by popup images, although I'm pretty "meh" about them. Problem is, we can't roll back to version 2018 because my boss is super jazzed about micro content. We're starting to roll that out in phases.

Oh well, we're just going to have to work around this popup issue for the time being. It is what it is.
RonGardner
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by RonGardner »

FYI... looks like the latest patch fixed this problem for me.