Side Navigation Missing

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Em-Dash
Jr. Propeller Head

Side Navigation Missing

Post by Em-Dash »

Hello,

The side navigation pane of my project is missing from my output. As far as I can tell, the skin is properly configured.

I google searched this problem and the solution there was to uncheck "Hide NavigationPane on startup" but i cannot for the life of me find this option.

The user manual reads:
1. Open a Standard skin.
2. Select the HTML Help Setup tab.

however, there is no HTML Help Startup tab when i open a skin.

Can anyone identify what i am doing wrong?
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Side Navigation Missing

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

I am not sure whether you really mean Html Help. If so, it's to be found in Default Skin, see attached picture!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
Em-Dash
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Em-Dash »

Thank you! It turns out the "Hide NavigationPane on startup" setting was not my issue, but i was able to correct it from the same window.
MadCap Wayne
MadCap Staff

Post by MadCap Wayne »

Is the side-nav skin enabled in your target? If, when you first create the project, you select the side-navigation template, it'll be enabled by default in your target. However, if you add the side-nav skin later, you'll need to enable it yourself in the target > skin tab. See attached image.
2019-07-23_08h31_21.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne Lester • Technical Support Analyst
MadCap Software, Inc.
Em-Dash
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Em-Dash »

MadcapWayne wrote:Is the side-nav skin enabled in your target? If, when you first create the project, you select the side-navigation template, it'll be enabled by default in your target. However, if you add the side-nav skin later, you'll need to enable it yourself in the target > skin tab. See attached image.
2019-07-23_08h31_21.png
MadcapWayne, that is exactly the issue i had! I have managed to fix it since. Thanks for all the help!