Multiple CSSs: how do I select which one to author in?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
jenniferf
Jr. Propeller Head

Multiple CSSs: how do I select which one to author in?

Post by jenniferf »

Hi everyone,

I hope the collective wisdom here can help me. I have multiple CSSs for my documentation because I publish content under different brands. The styles are quite different and in addition, there are different classes defined in different stylesheets. I have associated the correct CSS with the target, and the output renders as it should, BUT . . . when I author, I don't seem to be able to choose which stylesheet is active as I write. This means that while I am developing content, I am seeing the incorrect styles on my screen. It also means that I can't access some of the classes that I need to.

Can someone help? This is driving me crazy!!

Thanks in advance.

Jennifer
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Multiple CSSs: how do I select which one to author in?

Post by doloremipsum »

The stylesheet that you use in the editor is based on the primary project target. Simply navigate to the targets folder, right click on a target and select 'make primary' to set that stylesheet for editing.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Multiple CSSs: how do I select which one to author in?

Post by doloremipsum »

Although now that I think of it, the best way of making sure you have access to all of your styles at all times would be to define all of the styles in your master stylesheet. The styles that aren't being used by that output can be left 'blank', so they will inherit all values from the default. That way the style class will appear in your Styles Pane, but it won't have any effect on the output unless you define something different.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.