Massive Space Between a Header & Table

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
sds
Propeller Head

Massive Space Between a Header & Table

Post by sds »

I've got a table that I use all over the place in my project. It's pretty standard - nothing fancy. There are two places (that I've noticed) where there's a massive space under a <h> tag and the top of the table, but only in the output. One instance has a larger space than the other instance (like two scrolls worth of space). The only similarity I can see is that in both cases, the table comes directly after a <h2> tag. But there are dozens of other places where the same pattern exists and the space doesn't occur in the output. I've inspected it in a browser and see no difference between these cases and all the cases where it behaves as expected. The table margins are in a (not set) status. The <h2> tag has its margin-bottom property set to 4px.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas on what it could be?

EDIT: After I posted this, I found there was one more similarity. Both of these instances exist where a table follows a <h2> tag in a space where the side menus are directly on the right. There are other tables just to the left of the side menu, but they are wrapped up in drop downs. Is there an overflow property I need to set somewhere? I tried setting it in the main stylesheet under a <table> tag, and also on the table stylesheet itself under mcTableStyle. Neither made a difference.

EDIT: A few hours later, I've narrowed down that it has to do with the table and the side menus somehow. When the table is inside of a drop down, it behaves as expected. When it's not within a drop down, it won't start until after the bottom of the side menu. The overflow property doesn't seem to be doing anything.

EDIT: Okay so for anyone who has the same issue in the future, the only fix I found was to shrink my table size from 70% to 60%. When the tables were in the drop downs, they were respecting the properties that made them fit only inside the drop down body. When they're outside of the drop down, they want to spread the full % across. The blank space is caused because of that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.