Headings Do Not Line up in the Contents Topic

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
JeffAlan
Propeller Head

Headings Do Not Line up in the Contents Topic

Post by JeffAlan »

In my TOC, the front matter headings (h1.nonum) do not line up with the chapter headings (h1.chapTitle) in the PDF output. See the attached screenshot for an example. But in the body of the PDF, all of the headings line up perfectly. If I adjust either of these in the style sheet, then they are thrown off in the body. Since the Print TOC’s first level headings are controlled by the p.TOC1 style, shouldn’t they line up the same? Thank you in advance for your help.
Contents.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Headings Do Not Line up in the Contents Topic

Post by doc_guy »

Looks like you are using autonumbering on your chapters, probably through a chapter class on the H1 elements for the topics that start paragraphs.

While you are working to pin down the issue you can do this: create three sections of your stylesheet and then make changes in different sections to see what happens.

Code: Select all

p.TOC1 {
      /* styles here will affect both print and online outputs */
}
@media web {
     p.TOC1 {
           /* styles here will affect only online outputs (but I think you have to set the media type to WEB in the target advanced settings)  */
     }
}
@media print {
     p.TOC1 {
          /* Styles here will affect only print output
     }
}
So if you want to affect only print, then just add styles to that section to see if you can adjust to make it look right.
It's a painful process, but it's the best I've got for you right now.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog