Specifying CSS Used for Page Layout

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Specifying CSS Used for Page Layout

Post by oceanclub »

I'm currently adding additional page layout (flpgl) for printed slides output. I've also create a new stylesheet, slides_css, for use with these page layouts. But how do I associate a specific CSS file with a page layout file? When I edit the page layout, I see it in the style of the other (wrong) CSS stylesheet. I tried editing the page layout in text mode but I can find no mention of a CSS file being linked to there.

P.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Specifying CSS Used for Page Layout

Post by doloremipsum »

I imagine it's just using whatever stylesheet is the primary for your project. It should use the target stylesheet in the output.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Specifying CSS Used for Page Layout

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

• Create a separate TARGET for your slides output.
    In that target, specify the new page layout and the new stylesheet you want to use. (Or, if it's easier, add a new medium to your existing stylesheet. There are pros and cons to this approach, so you'll just need to decide which is best for you.)
That will do the trick with the output using the right stylesheet and page layout.

In order to see the appropriate stylesheet while you're editing the topic, in the Project Organizer, make the new target the Primary target (right-click, and on the context menu click Make Primary). That should do it.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx