Styles not picking up correctly in new release?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Richard W
Propeller Head

Styles not picking up correctly in new release?

Post by Richard W »

Hello everybody,

I installed the latest 2019 r2 version this morning (15.1.7283.32587 - 10/12/2019:1811 - 64-bit). My output (which was fine on Friday) no longer seems to be picking up the styles correctly - most noticeably it's not picking up the maximum width on the main body container:

Code: Select all

main.body-container > [data-mc-content-body="True"]{
    max-width: 800px;
}
The embedded fonts and various other padding looks wrong too.

I checked the styles.css file in the output, and it looks the same as styles.css in the output from Friday - the style above is included - so not sure yet why this is. But it must be something to do with the update, as this was building fine on Friday, and I've only modified text and an image a single page so far today and not changed styles at all.

Has anybody else had a similar issue following an upgrade?

Thanks,

Richard
Richard W
Propeller Head

Re: Styles not picking up correctly in new release?

Post by Richard W »

We've worked out the issue (thanks to one of the front-end devs for help). The update has changed the name / structure of the "main" class that we were hanging that style from. "main" is now a role and there's a class further up called "main-section" instead.

After a bit of faffing about trying to work out the new inheritance, we realised we could just remove the "main." from the existing .css. This fixes it:

Code: Select all

.body-container > [data-mc-content-body="True"]{
    max-width: 800px;
}
Plus an equivalent change further up to change the style that had the padding I mentioned. (The fonts actually hadn't changed - that was an effect of looking at the two pages on different monitors).

So if anybody else does have this issue, that's the cause and a fix that worked for me at least!

Richard
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Styles not picking up correctly in new release?

Post by Nita Beck »

MadCap made structural changes for Top Nav and Side Nav in order to address an accessibility shortcoming. They’ve documented the changes in a knowledge base article, acknowledging that this change might adversely affect some user customizations and so explained what would need to be changed.

http://kb.madcapsoftware.com/Content/Mi ... hanges.htm
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!