Powered by MadCap backlink-container

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
sds
Propeller Head

Powered by MadCap backlink-container

Post by sds »

Hi all. I feel like I should know this but I'm driving myself nuts. This is my second project, and I know I came across this in my first project and fixed it but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how. I'm beginning to build beta versions of my second project and in the lower right corner of every page, regardless of the master page that's used, there's a copyright symbol with the words: "Powered by MadCap Software". It has a link built in that links to MadCap's website. Somehow I removed it from my previous project. It's important that it's removed because we host our help on a private web server that doesn't allow outside links.

Using the inspector, I found that it's associated with a div class called .backlink-container, and a link called mc-backlink. I found it in the Topics.css in my project directory. I was a little sketch about just deleting it, so I saved a copy of the file, tried it, and nothing changed. Usually, if I edit any style that's in the .css files found in the directory, I just use an override in my main stylesheet in the project. I'm not exactly sure what I would override in this case. How can I just remove it completely?

I am not in trial mode. I've owned my installation for over 3 years. This was just a new project I started from scratch using one of their templates as a starting off point.

EDIT: I also tried using the Find & Replace in all files, looking for any whiff of this, and couldn't find anything. It doesn't appear on my master pages anywhere, either, and does not appear in PDF output.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Powered by MadCap backlink-container

Post by Nita Beck »

Open your HTML5 target in the Target Editor. On the Advanced tab, looked for the “Powered by MadCap Software” check mark and clear it. That should do it.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
sds
Propeller Head

Post by sds »

Nita, you probably don't remember me but I certainly remember you because I think you've solved some of the simplest to find problems for me. Thank you much.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I’m a wiz with the simple questions! I’m not bad with the hard ones.

Happy to be of service.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
WriterAndrew
Propeller Head

Post by WriterAndrew »

Thanks, Nita,
It was also starting to drive me mad working out how to switch this "Powered by MadCap(R) Software" off.
Now for double points, is there any way that, rather than just "switching it off" I can customize what it displays?
(I like that it is always glued to the bottom of the frame, regardless of how I resize the browser - I'd like my footer to do similar, but my footers always seem to be a set distance from the top, so can be "cut off" by resizing the browser...)
Thanks
aneedell
Propeller Head

Post by aneedell »

I opened a feature request today to suggest that MadCap make this a configurable element, as WriterAndrew suggested. It would be a great enhancement if we could easily re-direct the content to a variable that we define (or even a system variable) to replace the "Powered by ..." statement with something that we choose.