Control font-size in xref

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
rjplano
Propeller Head

Control font-size in xref

Post by rjplano »

I have a PDF project consisting of several articles contained in separate topics. At the front of PDF there is a table with a summary of the articles including the title and a short summary. Since the title and summary can change as the document evolves, and I don't want to have to remember to make changes in multiple places, I insert cross references in the table to point to the title and the summary paragraph in the actual article topic. The title and summary typically have some formatting (e.g., span class="italics", and <sup>) that I need to duplicate in the table. I also need the font size to be smaller in the table than in the article topic due to space considerations.

I created this xref format to do the job:

{size 8.5pt}{paraxml}{/size}

This brings in the italics span class and superscript just fine, but the italic text is displayed as 9pt while all the plain text is correctly displayed at 8.5pt. In the article topic, all the text, italic and plain, is 10pt. In the summary of articles table I have also applied a Table Style where the Body1 row has font size set to 8.5pt.

While writing this, I discovered that while the TableStyle Editor main window for Rows shows Font: 8.5pt, the pop-up window for the font parameters shows a Size: 9pt.

Any ideas why this is happening and are there any fixes?

Thanks.