What is causing the number in my steps to be bold

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

What is causing the number in my steps to be bold

Post by ktbCA57 »

I am not using OL to create steps. Instead I have them set up as paragraphs so i can more easily control numbering format. However, the auto numbers showing up are bold - when the text of the steps are not. I can find no style setting that indicates that there is any "bold" font weight set to bold in any part of my steps. I'm attaching an example - and including the stylesheet info for the styles as they are applied.

What the heck am I missing?

Thanks, in advance, for any input you can provide!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: What is causing the number in my steps to be bold

Post by Nita Beck »

Unfortunately, I can't see what's making your step numbers bold either. :( Have you used your browser's inspect tools to drill down in your output to see where the bold is coming from?

You might consider defining a span class to control how the numbers will be formatted. Then, in your paragraph selectors, add the mc-auto-number-class attribute and call that span class.

BTW (and I could be wrong), I don't think the mc-leader-indent attribute is doing anything. Also, I've never seen the x-list-level attribute in Flare and I can't find any information about it in the Flare 2020 documentation. Is that some residual attribute that came in when importing content into Flare from a legacy tool (e.g., Frame, RoboHelp)?

I really do recommend the use of proper OLs and ULs, rather than using paragraph selectors to craft what I refer to as "pseudo lists." Pseudo lists are likely to not be interpreted as lists by accessibility utilities such as screen readers, which depend on HTML structures such as OLs and ULs.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!