Link colors not behaving as expected

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Finner
Propeller Head

Link colors not behaving as expected

Post by Finner »

Our Documentation group is in the process of changing our styles.css to conform to new company guidelines. Cross-references and links for online output are set to be dark pink before they're clicked on, and blue after they're clicked on. But in the online output, some are pink and some are blue. This is especially true if I have previously generated the online output and clicked a couple of links to test them. The next time I generate the online output, the links that I clicked when checking the previous version of the output are already blue. Does this mean something isn't getting reset properly in the project?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Link colors not behaving as expected

Post by NorthEast »

It sounds like it's working correctly to me.

You've styled visited (:visited) links to blue, and links to pages that you've already visited are being displayed in blue - which is correct?

To reset visited links, you need to remove the pages from your browser history - it's nothing to do with the project.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by doloremipsum »

Golden rule of working with web browsers: Always clear your cache!
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
Finner
Propeller Head

Post by Finner »

Thank you both--I cleared my cache and that solved it! A colleague reported the same problem, so I'll recommend that she clear her cache and see if that fixes it. I don't know why I haven't noticed this behavior before--I suppose I was sidetracked by the fact that we just changed the template. Thanks again!