'cell content style' not in TableStyle Editor

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
mbcohn
Jr. Propeller Head

'cell content style' not in TableStyle Editor

Post by mbcohn »

I'm going through the Styles tutorial on the Flare website ("How to apply a cell content style," step #6). There's an instruction that I can't seem to follow, because my UI doesn't seem to match the one in the tutorial.

I'm supposed to open a particular table style called Alternate-Row-Color.css. Then, inside the TableStyle Editor for that style, I'm supposed to scroll down and find the 'Cell Content Style' area.

Well, it isn't there. I looked hard. I viewed it on a big monitor. I dragged down the bar to expand the viewing area. It's supposed to be under the "Cell Padding" area, but it isn't.

There is, of course, the 'Cell Content Style' button on the Table ribbon at the top of the screen. But that's different. That applies the style to the current selection, right? However, the idea in this exercise is to apply a particular table cell content style to a particular table stylesheet.

What obvious thing am I missing? I have Flare 2020r2.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: 'cell content style' not in TableStyle Editor

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to forums! :)

Sorry you're having trouble...

I've looked at the tutorial and at a TableStyle Editor in Flare 2020 r2 -- specifically the Rows tab -- and I definitely see the Cell Content Style group below the Cell Padding group. The Cell Content Style group is on the Rows, Columns, Header, and Footer tabs. It is not on the General tab. Are you sure that you are looking at the Rows tab, as instructed in step 5 of the tutorial you're following?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
mbcohn
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mbcohn »

Yes, I'm definitely looking at the Rows tab. I also looked at the Columns, Header, and Footers tabs. The Cell Content Style area is not visible on any of them.

There must be some other setting that is keeping it from showing up.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Try going to your Windows display settings, and setting the scale to 100% (if it's not already).
mbcohn
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mbcohn »

Well, I'm using a 27" 4K monitor. So I almost didn't even bother making this check. But just to say I had done it, I decided to go through the motions. The resolution was set to 225%, because at 100% the text is so small that it's difficult for me to read.

I changed it to 100% and... yes, you were right. The Cell Content Style field showed up.

Before you judge me too harshly, consider the following:

- Even with the resolution at 225%, I had been able to scroll down so far that the apparent bottom of the white box was visible, leading me to think that resolution couldn't be a problem.
- After I returned the resolution to 225%, and without making any other changes, the Cell Content Style area was still visible. It's like I only had to to just prove that I'd seen it once, and now the UI is admitting that it's there.
- I have another table stylesheet open, which of course had the same issue. But I wasn't looking at that stylesheet when I went to 100% and then back to 225%... and then, when I looked at that second stylesheet, I *still* couldn't see the Cell Content Style area. In order to see it, I had to increase the resolution *while looking at that specific tab.* After that, when returning to 225%, I could see it, just like in the other tab!

So, I'm going to call this a bug. : )

Thanks for your help.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

mbcohn wrote:So, I'm going to call this a bug. : )

Thanks for your help.
No problem, I just knew Flare can have problems when you're using a scale above 100%.

Please report it as a bug to MadCap though if you get time - the more people that report it, the more likely it is to get fixed!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Dave Lee wrote:
mbcohn wrote:So, I'm going to call this a bug. : )

Thanks for your help.
No problem, I just knew Flare can have problems when you're using a scale above 100%.

Please report it as a bug to MadCap though if you get time - the more people that report it, the more likely it is to get fixed!
To help, there's a link to reporting bugs in my signature. (And welcome to the Flare-iverse!)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx