Ruler not available for all rows in TableStyle

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
rjplano
Propeller Head

Ruler not available for all rows in TableStyle

Post by rjplano »

Anyone know why for some of the Rows in my TableStyles the Ruler is available:
Available.png
but in other Rows I can't access the Ruler:
Grayed out.png
I'm perfectly comfortable opening the TableStyle file in a text editor and making changes there but I can't quite figure out which of the 8137 lines I should edit. Any hints for that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Ruler not available for all rows in TableStyle

Post by Nita Beck »

Hi Robert!

The Flare Help says this about Ruler (emphasis added).
Select a pattern from the section above. Then click this field to open a small popup, which lets you set properties for a rule (i.e., horizontal line) between the rows or columns in the pattern...
I suspect that the rows for which Ruler is grayed out are pattern rows consisting of only one row. One needs more than one row in the pattern in order to put a line between the pattern's rows.

Does this make sense?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
rjplano
Propeller Head

Re: Ruler not available for all rows in TableStyle

Post by rjplano »

OK, so I understand the difference between a Ruler and a Separator now. The Ruler is the line that goes between two rows of the same pattern while the Separator is the line that goes after the last row of a particular pattern. Thanks for pointing me to the correct spot in the online help.

I have a table where I need to add a yellow background to random rows. I do that by creating a new Custom row and setting the Background Color to yellow.
Row Styles.png
I apply the YellowBackground pattern by right-clicking the tr bar of the row I want to highlight, select Row Style > YellowBackground and the yellow background is applied...to the row below the one I selected. Since this is 100% repeatable I can work around it for now, but it would be nice if it didn't work that way. :-) When I check in the Text Editor window I can confirm that the yellow background row style is indeed applied to the row below the one I selected. Unless someone knows whats going on here, I'll submit a bug report.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.