Left & right padding not taking effect in HTML5 mobile view

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Left & right padding not taking effect in HTML5 mobile view

Post by oceanclub »

Hi all,

In my HTML5 responsive skin, for "Mobile Medium", I've set Styles > Global > Padding > Left + Right to 2em. However, when I generate and display my HTML5 help, the text in mobile view is flush against the left-margin.

I then tried setting the following in my styles for home page:

Code: Select all

.body-container
{	
	padding-right: 2em;
	padding-left: 2em;
}
Now this works when I build the help. However when I publish it (to an IIS server), it no longer works. In

I used Firefox's inspector to figure out what is happening.

When I check the local version, the div.body-container area in question is taking the padding settings from the styles for home page stylesheet.

When i check the published version, the div.body-container area in question is now taking the padding settings from the a hidden stylesheet tablet.css. I've no idea why the behaviour is different. Anyway, if anyone know how can set the padding rules please let me know,

P
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Left & right padding not taking effect in HTML5 mobile v

Post by NorthEast »

The div.body-container and its styles are generated by Flare, so I would leave those alone.

If I set the Global > Padding in the skin, it works fine.
When I check my output, the padding set in the skin is set on the parent div.outer-row to div.body-container, defined in the output stylesheet Mobile.css; e.g.:

Code: Select all

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px)
._Skins_HTML5___Side_Navigation .off-canvas-wrapper-inner .main-section > .outer-row {
    padding-left: 5em;
} 
DavidJGross
Propeller Head

Re: Left & right padding not taking effect in HTML5 mobile v

Post by DavidJGross »

Did you ever get this sorted out? I'm having a completely different issue that I think might be caused by whatever was causing your issue.