div items behave different within one topic (different font)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
iryna
Jr. Propeller Head

div items behave different within one topic (different font)

Post by iryna »

Hi! I am new to MadCap Flare, but have already faced a major issue and the MadCap Help cannot help me. Have you ever had a problem with divs like this one: 1. I've created divs for notes, warnings, and tips, two sets of them for PDF and HTML outputs. They are the same with the same font. 2. These divs are created in my parent stylesheet and I've imported them to my other projects (never change anything locally). 3. When I apply note.div, for example, it behaves strange: the font is dark black, not like set in the stylesheet, but it's not always like that. Sometimes it does show up dark grey as set in the note.div. The same with tip.divs - they may happen to be dark black and dark grey in the same topic with no reason.

I have checked all the stylesheets in the text editor across all the projects. I have even created brand new divs for tips, warnings, and notes and went through the myriads of the topics to reapply them but it is always the same: sometimes it shows the rights div font, sometimes not. Have you had such a problem? What was your solution? Please help!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: div items behave different within one topic (different f

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Could you share some examples of the code in the topic that has bits that work and bits that don't, so we can perhaps try to identify what the difference is?

And welcome to Flare, and to the most helpful forums on the planet. :)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
iryna
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: div items behave different within one topic (different f

Post by iryna »

ChoccieMuffin wrote:Could you share some examples of the code in the topic that has bits that work and bits that don't, so we can perhaps try to identify what the difference is?

And welcome to Flare, and to the most helpful forums on the planet. :)
Hi! Just an hour ago I have resolved it finally! The MadCap help and support advised to use this to fix my notes and tips font:
div.Tip > p,
div.Warning > p,
div.Note > p
{
color: #696969;
}

div.Tip > ul,
div.Warning > ul,
div.Note > ul
{
color: #696969;
}

Thank you everyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.