Master Style Sheets.....

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
SimonTJ
Jr. Propeller Head

Master Style Sheets.....

Post by SimonTJ »

Hi Guys,
I'm a noob to MadCap Flare.... so I've got a lot of questions and here's one:
I am working in projects that have been created by previous tech writers. The Master Stylesheet.css files were created with for example "li (list) font - Tahoma with a font size of 11pt".
I have gone into the Master Stylesheet editor and changed the font to Ariel 11pt and saved the the Master Stylesheet (a dialog box opened with warnings, but I told it to save).... but when I click on the li (list item) in the document, the li font stays as Tahoma 11pt. :x
I thought that if I changed the font in the Master Stylesheet.css and saved it, every instance in my project would be changed??
What am I doing wrong?? :shock:
Thanks in advance!
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Master Style Sheets.....

Post by SteveS »

Is there another style sheet in use?

In cascading styles if a style is set later in the 'cascade' it will overwrite the earlier instance.

The other gotcha in Flare is setting styles for different media, in effect, the same style sheet uses different settings for print and online output.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Master Style Sheets.....

Post by doloremipsum »

That dialogue box with warnings is suspicious... It makes me suspect that you are using global project linking. If you edited the stylesheet in the child project, it could still be overwritten by the old version in the global project.

But that's just speculation - do you remember what the warning said?
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.