Repeat Table Header Row and Sort Columns

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
flareuser1
Propeller Head

Repeat Table Header Row and Sort Columns

Post by flareuser1 »

I'm looking for help with making my table headers repeat, like the "repeat header row" option for tables in Word. I'd also like the columns to be sortable, but I don't see an option for that in the table styles. Has anyone been able to create sortable table columns?

To create a repeating header, I tried adding "position: sticky;" and "top: 0;" to the tableheader css, but that just made the header row fixed to one position, and everything else on the page scrolled behind it. I'm not sure how to get the header row to repeat but then stop after the last table row.

Thank you!
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Repeat Table Header Row and Sort Columns

Post by robdocsmith »

Hi,

To add header rows, or footer rows to a table, right click the table and choose Table Properties. In the General tab and Table Size section, add as many or few header/footer rows as you like. These will automatically repeat at the top/bottom of each page of the table.

Not sure what you mean about making columns sortable. If you select rows in the table and right click/select Sort you can choose how the data is presented. You can't make the table live-sortable in the output format.

Hope that helps,

Rob
Sharon Raanan
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Sharon Raanan »

That works for a single table. But how do I add this setting to my style sheet so that ALL table headers will repeat?

Thanks,
Sharon Ra'anan
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

A common thing to do if you have a bit of repeated code in your documents is to create a snippet as a template for it. I use this method for processes and some tables as I want them to always look the same. Create a table with your particular style, columns, headings, rows. Select the table and create a new snippet from it. Then when you want a new table in a to[pic, insert the snippet, right click it and Convert to Text.

Rob