How Do I Save an Existing Table Style as a New Table?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Telecaster52
Propeller Head

How Do I Save an Existing Table Style as a New Table?

Post by Telecaster52 »

Question in the subject. How Do I Save an Existing Table Style as a New Table?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How Do I Save an Existing Table Style as a New Table?

Post by Nita Beck »

There isn't a Save As function, per se. But two other ways will get you there.

Copy and paste -- With the table stylesheet closed, right-click it in the Content Explorer and select Copy. Then right-click the TableStyles folder and select Paste. You'll then have a copy of the first.

Create "new from existing" -- Save the table stylesheet that you want to base the new one on. Right-click the TableStyles folder and select New > Table Style. In the Add File dialog, rather than selecting a factory template, select the "New from existing" check box and then browse to the location of the table stylesheet you want to base the new one on. (You'll notice that the "from existing" source file can actually be located anywhere, not only in the Flare project you're currently in.)

There are less common ways, too. I'll assume you want to work within the same Flare project. Right-click the TableStyles folder and select Open Folder in Windows. Now you can use Windows' copy and paste commands to make a copy of a file in that folder. Gets you to the same place as the first method above. You can use this method, too, to copy a table stylesheet from some other place into the Flare project. Just don't try to copy from a Windows folder and then right-click on the TableStyles folder in Flare to paste. That may spawn broken links. (And I'm not even sure Flare will support a paste that way.) Same for trying to copy and paste from one open Flare project to a second open Flare project. That'll very likely spawn broken links.

What I've described is generally applicable to any kind of file in Flare, not just to table stylesheets, other than in which folder does one copy and paste.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!