This page uses the non standard property “zoom” (Firefox)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
zappy0
Propeller Head

This page uses the non standard property “zoom” (Firefox)

Post by zappy0 »

I have many Flare projects created using the Tripane HTML5 template (I believe that is what I used). When I visit one of these sites created with Flare, Firefox browser console reports

This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”.

I do not use Zoom in my main stylesheet. However, after looking in all of the referenced stylesheets added by Flare, I see Zoom used in Slideshow.css and TextEffects.css

Code: Select all

.mc-wrapper {
	position: relative;
	margin: 0 auto 60px;
	padding: 0;
	zoom: 1;
    clear: both;
}
and

Code: Select all

.clearfix
{
	zoom: 1;
}
I am inclined to change these CSS files at the installed location (C:\Program Files\MadCap Software\MadCap Flare 17\Flare.app\Resources\SkinPreview\Skins\Default\Stylesheets)

Specifically, based on what I've read about the Zoom property, I would replace the "zoom: 1;" lines with "transform: scale(1);" or I would just delete the property. Does anyone have experience with resolving this issue? I would appreciate any advice you have for resolving this before I attempt a change. I don't want to introduce a larger problem.

Thank you.