Can't Type Numbers In Fields In Stylesheet

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Mishou6779
Propeller Head

Can't Type Numbers In Fields In Stylesheet

Post by Mishou6779 »

Hi all,

I trying to edit values in my primary style sheet (it's the only style sheet in my project), using the advanced view. I have three mediums open (default, non-print, and print). My Flare version is 2021 r2.

I cannot type numbers in the fields in the stylesheet editor. I cannot use the Delete key. I can backspace, but that proves useless since I cannot then retype a number. Any field that has numbers has to be changed using the fields available after I click the ellipses. This makes changing a font from 170% to 100% laborious at best.

I found some very old forum topics here, but am not sure they still apply since it is now 2021:

viewtopic.php?t=17024&f=4

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16816&p=89954

Is anybody else having issues with this in the 2021 r2 version of Flare?

Thanks!
Michelle
Shredder
Propeller Head

Re: Can't Type Numbers In Fields In Stylesheet

Post by Shredder »

Mishou6779 wrote:Hi all,

I trying to edit values in my primary style sheet (it's the only style sheet in my project), using the advanced view. I have three mediums open (default, non-print, and print). My Flare version is 2021 r2.

I cannot type numbers in the fields in the stylesheet editor. I cannot use the Delete key. I can backspace, but that proves useless since I cannot then retype a number. Any field that has numbers has to be changed using the fields available after I click the ellipses. This makes changing a font from 170% to 100% laborious at best.

I found some very old forum topics here, but am not sure they still apply since it is now 2021:

viewtopic.php?t=17024&f=4

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16816&p=89954

Is anybody else having issues with this in the 2021 r2 version of Flare?

Thanks!
Michelle
Are you using the num pad? I have had problems using the number pad on my keyboard. Otherwise, if you feel comfortable enough to edit the CSS outside of Flare, you can open the style sheet in an external editor, for example Microsoft Visual Code or Atom.
Mishou6779
Propeller Head

Post by Mishou6779 »

@Shredder thank you for asking! No, I was using the keys on my laptop keyboard.

However, I used the steps described in those links that I put in my original post, and voila!

I signed in today to add that using those older fixes from 2013 still work in 2021. PHEW!
Shredder
Propeller Head

Post by Shredder »

Mishou6779 wrote:@Shredder thank you for asking! No, I was using the keys on my laptop keyboard.

However, I used the steps described in those links that I put in my original post, and voila!

I signed in today to add that using those older fixes from 2013 still work in 2021. PHEW!
Good to hear!