Inherited styles from linked stylesheet not present

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Lous
Jr. Propeller Head

Inherited styles from linked stylesheet not present

Post by Lous »

Hi there!

I'm building my first ever HTML5 output and I noticed that the styles from the linked stylesheet are not applied (or shown as inherited styles). Anyone knows what the problem might be? I have attached screendumps from the stylesheets.

Thanks a lot!
Marlous
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Inherited styles from linked stylesheet not present

Post by NorthEast »

When you open a stylesheet in the editor, you can only see and edit styles that are in that particular stylesheet file.
You can't see or edit the styles from a linked stylesheet, as they're in a different CSS file.

But the styles from the linked stylesheet should be available in the Styles list when you edit a topic.
Lous
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lous »

Dave Lee wrote:When you open a stylesheet in the editor, you can only see and edit styles that are in that particular stylesheet file.
You can't see or edit the styles from a linked stylesheet, as they're in a different CSS file.

But the styles from the linked stylesheet should be available in the Styles list when you edit a topic.
Hi Dave, thank you for the reply. Normally, the styles from the linked stylesheet show up in the "inherited styles". In this instance, they do not. Also, the styles are not applied when building the target, so I guess something else fishy is going on
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Apologies - I knew you couldn't edit the styles, but you should of course see them as inherited styles.

My guess would be that when you added the linked stylesheet using the editor (Options > Stylesheet Links), you had a medium selected (and not (default)), and Flare has appended the medium to the stylesheet link.

If you open the stylesheet in the text editor, you might see a medium appended to the link. For example, if I have the 'print' medium selected when I add the link, then I get:

Code: Select all

@import url('Test.css') print;
So if that's happened, manually remove the medium so it looks like:

Code: Select all

@import url('Test.css');
Lous
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lous »

Hi Dave,
thanks again. I checked the Stylesheet in Notepad++ but there was no medium attached... :?