Resetting to p on ENTER with mc-next-tag or mc-next-class

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
bwofficer
Propeller Head

Resetting to p on ENTER with mc-next-tag or mc-next-class

Post by bwofficer »

I've created a style p.preParaSpacePlus which has a little more top margin than my normal p style.

The para following a p.preParaSpacePlus is normally a plain old p para, without a class, so that's what I want the topic editor to revert to when I hit ENTER at the end of a p.preParaSpacePlus.

I know I need to use mc-next-tag and/or mc-next-class. I've used those before, but there it was to change from one tag to another or from one class to another. In this case, however, the tag is to stay the same and the class is to be REMOVED. Is there a syntax for mc-next-class that will remove the class, set it to none or null or whatever?

I've already tried:
  • mc-next-tag: p; /* Does nothing, because the tag is ALREADY a p */
  • mc-next-class: ; /* With nothing after the colon - doesn't work */
  • mc-next-class: ''; /* With two ' quotes after the colon - doesn't work */
  • mc-next-class: ""; /* With two " quotes after the colon - doesn't work */
sarrantsvt
Propeller Head

Re: Resetting to p on ENTER with mc-next-tag or mc-next-clas

Post by sarrantsvt »

This thread has some information that might help.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21796 It looks like it is an old bug.
Doing Online Help since 1990. I remember "dots" .........
Got a bug? https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs/
Got a suggestion? https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
bwofficer
Propeller Head

Post by bwofficer »

sarrantsvt wrote:This thread has some information that might help.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21796 It looks like it is an old bug.
Yes, I saw that post. I assumed that an 8 year old bug would have been fixed. I guess not. I'm going to raise it as a support case and see what they say.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

bwofficer wrote:Yes, I saw that post. I assumed that an 8 year old bug would have been fixed. I guess not. I'm going to raise it as a support case and see what they say.
It's from around 2008, so make that 14 years! Still worth reporting though, as I assume they'll fix by priority and numbers of reports, rather than age.
bwofficer
Propeller Head

Post by bwofficer »

It's from around 2008, so make that 14 years! Still worth reporting though, as I assume they'll fix by priority and numbers of reports, rather than age.[/quote]

From MadCap tech support:

"Hello Bruce,

Thank you for contacting MadCap Software Technical Support.

As the forum post had suggested, this behavior is due to a known bug within our database. Please note that I have submitted a Bug Report on your behalf (#35652) with our development team, and you will be notified via email if a fix for this is included in a future patch or release version.

The workarounds suggested by Nita Beck would be the best way to circumvent this issue for now:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21796

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this issue!

Mark Spinks
Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 12:31 PM"