Line up header and footer logos on home page?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
TraceyYates
Propeller Head

Line up header and footer logos on home page?

Post by TraceyYates »

On my help Home page, my UX designer wants the company logo to line up vertically with the same logo in the footer. I achieved this by editing the HTML5 - Top Navigation file, Styles > Hader > Padding > Left and using 120px. I was dismayed to discover, though, that the same padding was also being applied to the header on all the rest of the topics, too. Which should have occurred to me when I was editing the primary skin file, but ... it was late in the evening, and not my best brain-time of day.

So, my question now is, is there a way to get the logos in the header and footer to line up on the home page, w/o affecting the header on the rest of the topic pages? I've also messed around in the Stylesheet.css looking for ways to get the logos to line up, but apparently the skin's placement of the header and footer trumps everything I do in the .css file.

I have also tried fiddling with the logo placement in the footer in my HomePage.flmsp to try to line the logos up, but apparently I am inept with <div> tags, and I keep breaking things there. (I would to make the middle column in the footer wider, if possible, but that's a secondary concern to getting the logos lined up.)

Any guidance I could get with this logo alignment challenge would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Tracey