Need space between tables

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
TraceyYates
Propeller Head

Need space between tables

Post by TraceyYates »

When I have two tables in a row in a topic, there is spacing betweem tables in the WYSIWIG editor, but when I preview them in Flare or build the help and look at it in a browser window, there is not spacing between the tables. (see attached image)

I have hunted all over the Tablestyles .ccs files and the topic style sheet, but I can't find a way to control the spacing between tables. What am I overlooking? How do I add space between tables in the built help?

Thanks,
Tracey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Need space between tables

Post by Nita Beck »

You can add top and/or bottom margins in the table stylesheet, on the TableStyle Editor's General tab. See
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... heets1.htm

You might want to add the margins in the default medium or in a specific medium, so be sure you've selected the appropriate medium in the TableStyle Editor.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
TraceyYates
Propeller Head

Post by TraceyYates »

Argh! I had tried that solution before and it didn't work, but in hindsight, I'll bet I had the wrong medium selected! :facepalm:

I tried again per Nita's advice, triple-checking my medium selection, and it worked perfectly. While I am chagrined that I did not spot the (rather obvious) problem myself, I am thrilled to have the tables spacing appropriately now.

Thanks!!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Don't be so hard on yourself! Working in the wrong medium is something that many users make, even those of us (raising hand!) who've been using Flare for years. Any time you change something in a regular stylesheet or table stylesheet and you don't see its effect, check which medium you made the change in.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!