Need to get rid of thin black line around pop-up graphics

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
TraceyYates
Propeller Head

Need to get rid of thin black line around pop-up graphics

Post by TraceyYates »

My UX designer wants to get rid of the thin, black line that appears around the pop-up graphics (the reader clicks the thumbnail graphic in the topic, and the pop-up appears at full size) in the help. In the style sheet, I have set the line on everything I could find related to thumbnails and pop-ups to 0px and color=#ffffff, but the darn black line is persisting. (See image attachment below.)
LineAroundGraphics.jpg
What am I overlooking? How do I get rid of this line?

Thanks,
Tracey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Need to get rid of thin black line around pop-up graphic

Post by NorthEast »

In the stylesheet editor, look for MadCap|popupBody, and set the Border style there.

If you can't see it, make sure you set the stylesheet editor to show "properties set in this or imported stylesheet".
TraceyYates
Propeller Head

Post by TraceyYates »

I found the MadCap|popup Body in the stylesheet and have fiddled with it extensively, but am still getting the thin black line around my pop-up graphics. In desperation, I even set the values to border=none, border size to 0px, and the border color to white (#ffffff), but I'm still getting a black line. This is what the tag looks like in the style sheet:

MadCap|popupBody
{
border: none 0px #ffffff;
}

I have verified that I have the correct medium selected, and the Show menu set to "Set Properties -properties set in this or imported stylesheet."

I am stumped. Anyplace else that may be making the thin line appear?

Thanks,
Tracey
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

When I'm chasing something like this I always set the property value to something obvious. In this case a thick red border. That way I know I'm trying to set the correct one...
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
TraceyYates
Propeller Head

Post by TraceyYates »

LOL! I do the same thing, though my preferred color is hot pink. :-) I had hoped that setting the line color to white would also help, since my background is white and a white-on-white line would disappear against the background, but no dice so far. But I have faith in the forum, that someone out there will know which attribute controls that little line.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I have a sneaky suspicion that it's to do with accessibility (the same way you get a thicker line around a dropdown arrow in the side menu). I can't remember what I did to play with it, but I don't think it was in the stylesheet. Could it be a skin setting?

To find things like this I find it very useful to "inspect" the built help. I looked at my popup images that had black lines, and it appears there's a style on a div class MCPopupContainer, so I suggest you add the following to your stylesheet:

div.MCPopupContainer
{
background-color: #FFFFFF;
border: solid 1px #000000;
}

Then change the border bit to something outrageous and see if that's it.

That'll get your specific problem sorted, but I'm certain there will be a more elegant way to deal with accessibility things, and I'm also certain I asked a question on the forums about it, so I'll have a dig around and see if I can find it.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
TraceyYates
Propeller Head

Post by TraceyYates »

ChoccieMuffin, that did it! I changed the border to 4px and red, and that confirmed that this controlled the pop-up border. So I set it to border: none; (no colors or thickness values), and the pop-up graphics are now border-free. :D

Thanks!
Tracey