Two different dropdown hotspot styles?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
EileenP
Propeller Head

Two different dropdown hotspot styles?

Post by EileenP »

There are situations where I want dropdown hotspots to appear differently in print targets. (Not always. Just sometimes.) Can someone please give me a tip on how to do this?
I tried these methods:
  • Added a selector called HeadingStyleInPrint to dropDownHead. Changed the print medium format in that selector. No effect.
    Added a selector called HeadingStyleInPrint to dropDownHotspot. Changed the print medium format in that selector. No effect.
    Added a completely new style, dropDownHeadWithAltPrintStyle. Nope.
What's the correct way to do this? Thank you!

UPDATE! I figured out the problem: I had inserted all dropdown hotspots in <p> tags to control spacing. Those were messing with the dropdown formatting.

I'd still be interested in others' thoughts about implementing multiple dropdown hotspot styles.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Two different dropdown hotspot styles?

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I had a problem with Flare not liking nested dropdowns. I have a default style with the arrow on the left, but wanted a lower-level dropdown to nest, with the arrow on the right. Flare noped out on me on that one. I was able to change the border and font size for the nested dropdowns, but when I changed the nested dropdown to have the arrow on the right, ALL my dropdowns had the dropdown on the right (with spacing all messed up). No solution was offered by Flare, other than not to have nested dropdowns!
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Two different dropdown hotspot styles?

Post by doloremipsum »

UPDATE! I figured out the problem: I had inserted all dropdown hotspots in <p> tags to control spacing. Those were messing with the dropdown formatting.

I'd still be interested in others' thoughts about implementing multiple dropdown hotspot styles.
If you still want to keep those p tags, you can use a complex selector like:

Code: Select all

p dropDownHead.HeadingStyleInPrint
{
    margin: xxx;
    color: xxx;
}
This selects any dropDownHeads with that style class, which are inside p tags. You should be able to use that to alter the style of those elements and "reverse" any changes caused by the p tags that you don't want.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.