Changing style for ensuing lines when you hit Enter

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Mette Nyberg
Propeller Head

Changing style for ensuing lines when you hit Enter

Post by Mette Nyberg »

When I have created a style, say Note, I want the ensuing line to revert to Normal when I press Enter. I can't really figure out where to set the seting for this.
Mette
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Changing style for ensuing lines when you hit Enter

Post by LTinker68 »

There isn't an option to do that. It's not a stylesheet option that I'm aware of (not that I have all styles memorized), so it would have to be an option added in the program itself. You can submit a request at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
MikeKatz
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MikeKatz »

Mette Nyberg wrote:When I have created a style, say Note, I want the ensuing line to revert to Normal when I press Enter. I can't really figure out where to set the seting for this.
There's a couple of these types of issues that would really speed up editing of content in Flare, and this is a big one for me.
Keyboard shortcuts for styles is another one. I use a lot of styles in Word, but I never have to select them manually, each one has a shortcut.
Mike
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

MikeKatz wrote:I use a lot of styles in Word, but I never have to select them manually, each one has a shortcut.
That's interesting. I've never used that option in Word. I just keep the Styles and Formatting pane open in Word and click on a style if it's something other than the Normal style.

Being able to set shortcut keys, even record custom action sequences like in Photoshop, would definitely help productivity. Make sure you put in a feature request.

Lisa
dang
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by dang »

What is your "Normal" tag? If it is, for example, p.Body, add this to the note style in your stylesheet:
mc-next-class: BodyText;
mc-next-tag: p;
Potential p.note Example in Stylesheet:
p.note
{
font-size: 1em;
margin: 1em 1em .5em 2em;
mc-next-class: Body;
mc-next-tag: p;
}
EDIT: Note, I do not THINK these tags are definable in the Flare interface, which would mean you must define them manually in the .css file.

Best,
Dan G.
Last edited by dang on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Oh, cool. Neat trick.

Lisa
MikeKatz
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MikeKatz »

LTinker68 wrote:
MikeKatz wrote:I use a lot of styles in Word, but I never have to select them manually, each one has a shortcut.
That's interesting. I've never used that option in Word. I just keep the Styles and Formatting pane open in Word and click on a style if it's something other than the Normal style.

Being able to set shortcut keys, even record custom action sequences like in Photoshop, would definitely help productivity. Make sure you put in a feature request.
Hi Lisa
I use <Ctrl> + <Shift> along with a key:
1/2/3/4 = Headings 1-4
P = Procedure heading
+ = Numbered list
L = List

and so on. Combining this with setting the next styles as per the original poster, makes it even better. So, for example, after the procedure heading, the numbered list is the next style automatically.

This makes for superfast editing, and allows me to focus on the content while I'm also formatting the document almost unconsciously.
I've put the request in for the next style before, I can't remember if I also requested the shortcut keys, so I'll do it again.

By the way, thanks for the very many informative posts and the time you put into this forum, you are a true educator!
Mike
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

The keyboard shortcuts in Word to apply Headings 1,2,3 and Normal
without any macros or customization is

Apply Heading 1
CTRL+ALT+1

Apply Heading 2
CTRL+ALT+2

Apply Heading 3
CTRL+ALT+3

Apply Normal
CTRL+SHIFT+N

To remove Character formatting, similar, to the Reset Class feature is Flare, its
CTRL+SHIFT+Z
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder