Breadcrumbs are not links

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
sleeves
Propeller Head

Breadcrumbs are not links

Post by sleeves »

My breadcrumbs are not showing as links in my webhelp file. The source code of a typical page looks like this...

Code: Select all

<div class="MCBreadcrumbsBox_Breadcrumb"><span class="MCBreadcrumbsPrefix">You are here: </span><span class="MCBreadcrumbsSelf">Section</span><span class="MCBreadcrumbsDivider"> > </span><span class="MCBreadcrumbs">Subsection</span>
        </div>
What am I doing wrong? I would expect to see an 'a' link like: <a class="MCBreadcrumbsLink" href=.... around the Section and Subsection text.
Thanks in advance.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Breadcrumbs are not links

Post by LTinker68 »

In order to have hyperlinks in the breadcrumbs, the parent "books" have to be linked to topics. (Otherwise, if a book isn't linked to a topic, then what's supposed to happen when you click the hyperlink?)

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
sleeves
Propeller Head

Post by sleeves »

Thanks yet again :-) For someone trying to learn this while getting a project out it was not the most obvious thing, but you ave been very helpful.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

No problem. This forum is a learning experience for me, too, since I don't use all the features all the time. I can still remember RamonS first mentioning that you have to link books to topics in order for the breadcrumbs to work, which was very handy to know at the time I finally got around to adding bookmarks. :wink:

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.