Available styles list shows too many unwanted styles

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
davidgolden99
Propeller Head

Available styles list shows too many unwanted styles

Post by davidgolden99 »

I have a bunch of styles I don't want at the top of my Available styles list, such as .AspNet-Menu-Horizontal, .AspNet-Menu-Vertical, .foo, .GlobalMenu, .listNav, .navbar, etc. How can I shorten this list so I can get to my span styles at the bottom?
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Available styles list shows too many unwanted styles

Post by KevinDAmery »

Those look like styles that would be used in a skin. Where did you get the CSS file?

In general, styles that start with a period are known as Generic Styles, and they can be applied to anything. You'll find them in the stylesheet editor under generic styles--I don't remember if you can delete them there or not (sorry, don't have Flare open at the moment). You can, of course, open the CSS in a text editor and delete them there as well.

Having said that, as I mentioned those styles look like they may be from one of Flare's skin files. I'm concerned that you may have inadvertently linked to a stylesheet meant for building skins rather than for topics--if that's the case, editing the css might have unexpected consequences. By default, the css that Flare should attach to topics is called Styles.css. You can, of course, tell it to use any CSS you like, but if you do don't use one from the install folders in Flare.

(If you got the CSS from your company's web designer, odds are they've created the styles for use in managing the look and feel of the site. In that case, you should be safe in removing the styles.)
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
davidgolden99
Propeller Head

Post by davidgolden99 »

Thanks, Kevin. I started a new CSS, and it's possible I opened a skin file by mistake. :oops: I will try cut/paste my classes to a clean CSS and link it to my project.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

davidgolden99 wrote:I have a bunch of styles I don't want at the top of my Available styles list, such as .AspNet-Menu-Horizontal, .AspNet-Menu-Vertical, .foo, .GlobalMenu, .listNav, .navbar, etc. How can I shorten this list so I can get to my span styles at the bottom?
Those could also be generic classes. They'll always appear at the top of the list. The only way to get them lower is to associate them with a specific tag (e.g., in the stylesheet, change .navbar to p.navbar) but then they're no longer generic and you can only use them with the associated tag (e.g., the navbar class can only be used with the <p> tag).

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.