Auto numbering 'outside head' alignment

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
ladyrae
Propeller Head

Auto numbering 'outside head' alignment

Post by ladyrae »

Hi! I'm a very new Flare user, and also new to CSS, so my question may have an obvious answer that I'm just not finding... hopefully this is the case!

I've created some auto-number lists as classes coming under the h6 style. I've figured out how to make the lists number correctly (thanks to topics on this forum!) but am having a problem with the alignment.

I've chosen 'outside head' as the mc auto number position in my stylesheet, but when I preview (or build) the page, the numbers are not left aligned and neither is the text. (picture attached) When I choose 'inside head' as the position, it looks fine, but I don't want text to wrap under the number itself.

It seems to look ok for longer lines that do wrap, but where there is a short sentence, the number and text get indented a lot. Alignment is set to Left everywhere, so it's not that I have chosen center alignment.

Any advice?

Thanks!!
VMP_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Auto numbering 'outside head' alignment

Post by LTinker68 »

Can you copy the info for that style into this forum? To do so, right-click on the stylesheet file in the Content Explorer and select Open with > Internal Text Editor. The stylesheet will open as a plain text file. Scroll down until you find the style that's controlling your list, then copy-and-paste the code into this forum.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
ladyrae
Propeller Head

Post by ladyrae »

Here are the relevant pieces. The first is the h6, and the second is the sub-class of h6 that I used for this list. Is it perhaps the list style position that is interfering?

Thank you!

h6
{
font: Arial;
font-size: 95%;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: inherit;
list-style-position: outside;
}

h6.ulli1
{
font-style: normal;
font-weight: inherit;
text-indent: 0em;
mc-auto-number-position: outside-head;
mc-auto-number-format: '{n+}.{ =0}0{ =0}{ =0}';
list-style-position: outside;
}
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Well, one has an indent and the other doesn't. True, the indent is 0em, which shouldn't actually do anything, but with the way different browsers interpret things 'ya never know...' I'd try removing everything from the class except the parameters that have to be different between them. Since it's a class, if something isn't defined it will automatically use the parent parameters.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Ok, here's how your h6.ulli1 style should appear in the stylesheet. You might want to play with the 60px amount if you want more space to the left of the list. BTW, you can lose the list-style-position: outside; from the <h6> tag -- it doesn't do anything.

I also stripped out a couple of the { =0} from the auto number format since they didn't seem to be doing anything. If you want to add them back in, then you'll have to increase the 40px offset amount to compensate for the extra room those digits will need.

Code: Select all

h6.ulli1
{
	mc-auto-number-format: '{n+}.{ =0}0  ';
	mc-auto-number-position: outside-head;
	mc-auto-number-offset: 40px;
	margin-left: 60px;
}

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
ladyrae
Propeller Head

Post by ladyrae »

Wow that seems to have fixed the problem!!

Thanks again, I appreciate the help.